Sunday, March 13, 2016

Reality

I've been talking to anyone and everyone in my life about doing foster care for the last 7 months. At first it was awkward for me to bring up but the more I discussed it with my family and friends the more natural it became. I thought I had fully grasped the reality of the journey ahead of me, until last Wednesday when I was standing there with my application in hand waiting for the guy behind the counter to stamp it for me. All of a sudden this journey that I have been talking about for so long really became real. It's something I'm actually doing not just talking about. The probability that my life will not look the same as it does today by winter is high; the excitement that had felt up until that moment was still there but now it's paired with a healthy amount of fear. Here's to walking into the unknown, eyes wide open.

No comments:

Post a Comment